Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

Essay2 Movie review ~School of Lock~

I thought that this movie was a tale "a teacher teaches energetic children about rock as a part of study, and gives them motivation" until I see this movie. Moreover, I thought that what is used are musical instruments at elementary schools, such as a recorder and a keyboard harmonica. But, the contents of the movie were completely different. The story was an unprecedented story about a ruined rock musician who fakes being a substitute teacher, was hidden in an elementary school, constructed a rock band with schoolchildren, and aimed at a local rock contest. I was surprised that advanced musical instruments came out from the beginning.

My first favorite is a hero, “Dewey Finn”, in this movie. I was overwhelmed by the
powerful rock spirit which we can see from his body action which are full of feeling of a lively motion and looks like a rabid dog. I laughed very much, seeing him and had a favorable impression. I came to like the actor "Jack Black" who played such a role, and I thought that I would like to see other movies in which he is appearing.

Dewey was selfish, I got angry in the first part. But, he shows change by teaching
children. He became to think of himself as a partner. Under the influence of him, although children felt formality from their severe parents and their school, they regain brightness. And the most pleasant scene is their performance. At first, only the teacher seems to be pleasant and students made the rock performance boring. But, as for the last scene, all the members were performing happily. The severe parents and principal were also aiding the children. I became very glad, seeing the scene.
I think that this movie is the best musical film that a person can enjoy and can be impressed by.

(302 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment