Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

Essay 4 Worst day of my life

Today, I introduce the most dangerous day and the saddest day in my life. First, the most dangerous thing in my life happened when I was in the fifth grade of elementary school. At that time, I belonged to the baseball club. We practiced every day, and the practice game was done every week on the weekend and the accident happened in the practice match on a certain day. I went to the stadium as usual, went through my warm-up, and the practice match began.

I was the first batter in the day. And,the pitcher threw out the first ball. I swung the bat and everything became pitch-dark simultaneously as I heard the sound that the ball hits the bat. I realized that my eyes gradually became painful though I momentarily did not understand what happened. The ball had hit my eyes. When I was crouching in the batter's box, the supervisor and the guardian ran up. My eyes were swollen too much and I could not see anything. I went to the hospital at once, and the doctor examined my eyes. My eyes continued to be swollen for about two weeks though no abnormality was found in my eyes, I was told by the doctor. I was told by the doctor that I would have lost my sight if it were not a soft ball but a regulation ball baseball. I was very relieved to hear that. I thought I may come to the hospital at once. The day was a really dangerous day because I might have lost my sight for my entire life.

Next, the saddest day in my life was the day when I did not pass the school of my choice through the entrance exam for the high school. I began to go to cram school when in the second grade of junior highschool. I went to school in the morning, played baseball in the evening; I went to the cram school at night, and it was a hard schedule. I was not able to enter the school of choice though I continued to try for one and a half years. I decided that I worked hard in the high school, and I would go to the university whose examination I did not fail though I was very sad. And, I was able to enter KGU. I was very glad, because the sadness at that time has changed into pleasure.

(403 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment